What is Title I?
- A federal allocation of funds for schools classified as low income for the purpose of assisting students to demonstrate proficiency related to the state’s academic standards.
What is the purpose of Title I?
Improve school impact for students, teachers, and parents.
Comprehensive School Wide
Use of Title I Funds
- Implement school goals and objectives
- 93% Attendance
- Improve reading and math skills
- Increase graduation rate
- Pay for personnel
- Textbooks and supplies
- LEA Parent Involvement Policy
- School Parent Compact
- Parents’ “Right to Know” Requirement
- Parent Input/Support